- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Pumpkin Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sauce Recipe Video
|Pumpkin gnocchi||16 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, shredded|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pecorino romano cheese||2 Teaspoon, grated|
Calories 1150 Calories from Fat 604
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.6%
Saturated Fat 43.2 g216.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.9 mg
Sodium 805.1 mg33.5%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 15 g29.7%
Vitamin A 47.3% Vitamin C 114%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until butter turns browns and milk solids separate.
2.In a small bowl, strain the brown butter through a fine sieve.
3. In a pot of boiling salted water, put gnocchi and simmer for about 2 minutes or until the gnocchi rises to the surface.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat the cream and add sage.
5. Stir the cream mixture to blend the flavors.
6. Drain the gnocchi and add to the sage cream mixture.
7. Add about ¼ cup of brown butter and pepper.
8. Stir the gnocchi gently, so the sauce coats over the gnocchi.
9. Spoon the Pumpkin Gnocchi hot on warm serving plate.
10. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and serve hot.
Brown butter can be made and kept in advance.
If the sauce is too thick, gnocchi cooking liquid (pasta water) can be used to adjust the consistency.