- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Pineapple, Jicama & Cucumber Salad Recipe Video
|Pineapple||1 Large, peeled, cored, 1/2-inch dice|
|Jicama||1 Large, peeled, and cut into matchsticks|
|English cucumber||1 Large, peeled, quartered, cored, centers removed, cubed|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), thinly sliced|
|Lime juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (about juice of 3 limes)|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon (about 1 lime)|
|Olive oil||10 Tablespoon, divided (Wegmans Pure Olive Oil)|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Tablespoon (Italian Classics Hot Pepper Spread)|
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.6 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.5%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 300%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine pineapple, jicama, cucumber, and green onions in large bowl. Set aside.
2. To make the dressing, whisk together lime juice, zest, and honey in small bowl. Whisk in olive oil.
3. Add dressing and hot pepper spread to vegetables; toss.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve immediately or chill before serving. It makes a great side to summer barbecues and for picnic or pot luck lunches.
Use a melon baller to remove the seed pouch from the center of the cucumber.
To get more juice from the limes, roll on the counter with the palm of your hand prior to juicing.