- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Organic Boneless Leg of Lamb with Gravy Recipe Video
|Lamb leg||4 1⁄2 Pound (1 medium)|
|Basting oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Demi glace||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Wegmans)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1206 Calories from Fat 775
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g131.8%
Saturated Fat 40.2 g201.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 387.8 mg
Sodium 438.8 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 98 g195.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 4.1% Iron 44.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Brush the lamb leg all over with basting oil, without removing the net.
3. Season the lamb leg generously with salt and pepper.
4. In the roasting pan, place lamb leg.
5. Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
7. Allow it to cook for about 35 minutes more till the inner temperature reaches 130°F for medium doneness.
8. Remove lamb leg from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
9. Drain the cooking juices from the roasting pan, reserving about 1 tablespoon.
10. Heat the same roasting pan over low heat, and add demi glace.
11. Stir to mix the demi glace with the cooking liquid until heated through.
12.Turn the heat off.
13. Remove net from the meat.
14. Using sharp and long knife, slice meat as desired.
15. Serve the lamb slices on warm serving plate and spoon gravy on top.
Using lamb leg in net, prevents it from breaking.