- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Lo Mein Salad with Peanut Sauce and Pan-Seared Scallops Recipe Video
|For the lo mein noodle salad|
|Lo mein noodles||16 Ounce, cooked (1 pkg Asian Classics Lo Mein (Frozen Foods))|
|Edamame beans||8 Ounce, thawed (Food You Feel Good About Mukimame Shelled Soybeans)|
|Asian slaw||12 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Asian Slaw)|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), sliced diagonally|
|Black sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Thai peanut sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Asian Classics)|
|For seared scallops|
|Sea scallops||1 Pound (fresh)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Basting oil||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 579 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.1 mg13.4%
Sodium 863.5 mg36%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 35 g70.1%
Vitamin A 44.3% Vitamin C 52.6%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place noodles in microwave-safe bowl and cover. Cook in microwave on HIGH 3-3 1/2 minutes. Cool slightly.
2 Add soybeans, slaw, onions, sesame seeds, and sauce to noodles in bowl. Toss gently to combine.
3. Dust scallops with pan-searing flour and pat off excess. Heat olive oil in pan on medium high, until oil faintly smokes then add scallops. Turn over when scallops change color about one-quarter way up and seared side has turned paper-bag brown, 2-3 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 120 degrees. (Check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of scallops.)
5. Add basting oil and butter to skillet; swirl. Baste with spoon, 1-2 minutes, until internal temp reaches 130 degrees.
6. Transfer to clean platter and let rest at least 2 minutes.
7. Pile the noodle salad onto plates and arrange seared scallops on top.