- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Calzones Recipe Video
|Spinach & ricotta calzone|
|Frozen spinach||16 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Just Picked & Quickly Frozen)|
|Ricotta cheese||15 Ounce (Wegmans)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce (Wegmans)|
|Italian cheese blend||2 Tablespoon, grated (Italian Classics)|
|All pupose flour||2 Tablespoon (for dusting)|
|For pepperoni calzone|
|Pizza dough ball||28 Ounce (Wegmans Pizza Shop White or Wheat Pizza Dough)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||16 Ounce (Wegmans)|
|Mozarella cheese||8 Ounce, shredded|
|Italian cheese blend||2 Tablespoon|
|Pepperoni slices||6 Ounce, chopped (Italian Style)|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten (for egg wash)|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.8%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.1 mg
Sodium 1145.8 mg47.7%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 31 g62.8%
Vitamin A 103.1% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 55.3% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Punch down each dough ball on lightly floured work surface; cut each into 6-equal portions.
2. Form into balls. Place on baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap. Let rest at room temp 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
4. For the Spinach ricotta filling, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, shredded cheese, and grated cheese in bowl.
5. For the Pepperoni cheese filling, combine cheeses and pepperoni in another bowl.
6. Dust work surface and hands lightly with flour. Working with one dough ball at a time, flatten dough by rolling and pressing edges into 8-inch round, 1/8-inch thick.
7. Mound a strip of 1 1/2 cups cheese spinach/pepperoni mixture filling down center of dough circle.
8. Moisten inside edges of dough circle with fingertips dipped in warm water. Fold flaps over filling, pinch ends to seal. Place on greased baking sheet.
9. Repeat process with remaining dough balls. You will get 6 of each type.
10. Place 3-4 calzones on each baking sheet. Cut 2-inch vent into top of each calzone. Brush with egg.
11. Bake 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
12. Serve with tomato sauce/pizza or pasta sauce on the side.
To make snack size portions, divide each dough ball into 12 portions instead of 6 and fill with 1/2 cup of filling.