- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Honey Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe Video
|Rutabaga||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut)|
|Turnip||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, cut in 1-inch pieces on bias (1 medium 6 ounce)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, cut in 1-inch pieces on bias (2 large, Food You Feel Good About Organic)|
|Parsnip||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, cut in 1-inch pieces on bias (1 large)|
|Basting oil||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted (Wegmans)|
|Honey||2 Tablespoon, warmed (Wegmans)|
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 112.9 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 73.8% Vitamin C 49.4%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Prepare the veggies if not using packaged, prepared ones.
3. Toss rutabaga, turnip, carrots and parsnips with basting oil in large bowl.
4. Arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Roast 25 minutes, then remove from oven.
6. Combine melted butter and honey to make glaze. Drizzle over vegetables and carefully toss until completely coated.
7. Return veggies to oven. Roast another 8-10 minutes until glaze just begins to bubble.
8. Tip onto a platter or into a large bowl. Garnish with a spring of thyme or rosemary. Serve with roast or steaks.