- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Grilled Clams and Oysters Recipe Video
|Oysters||12 Large, in the shell, scrubbed|
|Clams||1 Bag (1 kg) (Food You Feel Good About Littleneck Clams)|
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 0.89 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.2 mg
Sodium 276.1 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 44 g88.1%
Vitamin A 21.9% Vitamin C 71.3%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 230.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min.
2. Rinse clams well under cold running water; discard any that are broken or open.
3. Clean grill with wire brush.
4. Place clams on grill. Cook until clams open, 5-7 min. Discard any unopened clams. Remove clams with tongs; serve immediately.
5. Place oysters directly on grill with flat side up; close cover. Cook 6-8 min, until oysters open.
6. Remove oysters from grill as they open, discarding any oysters that do not open. Finish prying them open by carefully running a knife along shell edge. Discard top shell.
7. Mist cooked clams with vinegar spritzer and serve with melted butter if you like.
8. Mist cooked oysters with vinegar spritzer and serve with a drizzle of basting oil and minced shallots if you like.
For additional smoked flavor, use Hickory Smoke Chips on your grill.