- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Garlic & Herb Rubbed Roasted Turkey Recipe Video
|Turbinado sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic herb seasoning||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Basting oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1756 Calories from Fat 791
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134.6%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 762 mg254%
Sodium 765.2 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.15 g0.59%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 217 g434.1%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.9% Iron 76.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix together turbinado sugar and garlic herb seasoning.
2. Loosen the skin of turkey, by putting hand between flesh and skin.
3. Try to loosen underneath, breast and thighs.
4. Divide the sugar mixture into 3 parts.
5. Rub 1 part on sugar mixture over and under skin of breast part.
6. Rub 2 parts on thighs and inside turkey cavity.
7. Place the turkey on a roasting tray and cover with plastic film.
8. Refrigerate the turkey for 48 hours, and allow to marinate.
9. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator and brush it with basting oil, all over.
10. Place aluminum foil over turkey, just to tent the top.
11. Roast the turkey in preheated oven at 450°F, for 15 minutes.
12. Reduce the temperature 350°F and roast for rest of the time about 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F.
13. Remove the turkey from oven and allow to rest for half an hour.
14. Carve Wegmans Garlic & Herb Rubbed Roasted Turkey and serve hot with desired sauce or gravy.
Probe meat thermometer in different parts of turkey, to ensure turkey is well roasted.