- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Escarole with Pancetta Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Pancetta||4 Ounce, dice (Italian Classics Diced Pancetta (Deli Dept))|
|Chopped onions||8 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), chopped finely (Food You Feel Good About Peeled)|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Escarole||30 Ounce, divided (Food You Feel Good About Fresh Chopped)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About Chicken Culinary Stock)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.5 mg
Sodium 465.6 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 62.2% Vitamin C 24.6%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add olive oil and pancetta to a saute pan and heat on medium. Saute, stirring about 5 minutes, until pancetta is browned and crispy.
2. Add onions; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Add 1/2 bag escarole, pressing down to wilt. Add chicken stock. Add remaining escarole, a little at a time, pressing to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Cook, stirring, 5-8 minutes, or until tender.
5. Serve the Escarole with Pancetta warm topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings if you like.