- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Eggplant Parmesan Casserole Recipe Video
|Italian tomato sauce||24 Ounce, divided (Italian Classics Grandmas Pomodoro Sauce)|
|Eggplants||1 Pound, trimmed, sliced in 1/2-inch rounds (about 2 medium)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon (Italian Classics Toscano)|
|Italian seasoned bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Italian Classics)|
|Parmigiano reggiano||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (Italian Classics)|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce (Wegmans)|
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.1 mg8%
Sodium 629.1 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 9 g18.3%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Spray bottom and sides of a 9 3/4 x 14 1/16 x 3 3/4 -inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Spread bottom of pan with 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Top with overlapping layer of eggplant slices; drizzle with olive oil.
4. Add even layer of bread crumbs; sprinkle with half the grated cheese.
5. Season to taste with seasoned salt and cracked black pepper.
6. Top with remaining sauce and remaining grated cheese.
7. Cover pan with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
8. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven, uncovered, 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
9. Let rest 15 min before serving.
10. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and chopped fresh basil or parsley on top, if desired. Serve as a side to pasta or meat or serve as a meatless meal, accompanied with bread.