- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Butternut Squash Soup Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Onions||8 Ounce, chopped (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned Cut Chopped)|
|Leeks||4 Ounce, thinly sliced (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned Cut)|
|Celery||4 Ounce, thinly sliced (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned Cut)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Food You Feel Good About Peeled)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Butternut squash||3 Pound, diced (2 pkgs (20 oz each) Food You Feel Good About Cleaned Cut Butternut Squash)|
|Vegetable stock||2 Carton (2 l) (Food You Feel Good About Vegetable Culinary Stock)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon (Food You Feel Good About Organic Grade A Dark Amber Maple Syrup)|
|Pumpkin seed oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pumpkin seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 653.7 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 245.5% Vitamin C 45.3%
Calcium 8% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat olive oil in stockpot on medium. Add onions, leeks, celery, garlic, and bay leaves and season with 2 tsp salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cook, stirring, 10 minutes until veggies are softened but not browned.
3. Add squash and stock. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cover with a vented lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20-25 minutes.
4. Turn off heat. Remove bay leaves and stir in maple syrup.
5. Working in batches, add soup to blender. Puree until smooth and pour pureed soup into another pot.
6. Taste the pureed soup and adjust seasonings.
7.Ladle the soup into warmed serving bowls. Garnish each serving with 1 tsp pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil. You can also serve it with croutons.
For greater convenience, soup can be pureed in stockpot with stick blender.
To make toasted pumpkin seeds, toss them with curry salt, and olive oil in a bowl. Spread in an even single layer on sheet pan. Roast for 7-9 minutes in the oven at about 400 degree F, until toasted; watch carefully so as not to burn. Let cool before using. Store extra seeds in airtight container.