- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Braised Chicken with Baby Potatoes Recipe Video
|Chicken pieces||3 Pound (Wegmans Chicken Split Breasts with Ribs, Drums and Thighs)|
|Pan flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce (Gourmet Mushroom Bllend)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About Chicken Culinary Stock)|
|Baby potatoes||3⁄4 Pound, washed (Food You Feel Good About Baby White, Dutch or Red Potatoes)|
|Escarole||1⁄2 Pound, roughly chopped|
|Tarragon||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Roasted red peppers||2 Medium, dice|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon (Italian Classics Nonpareil Capers)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 732 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.7 mg
Sodium 835.3 mg34.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 83 g166.3%
Vitamin A 98.7% Vitamin C 118.5%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 41.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Dust chicken with pan-searing flour and pat off excess.
3. Heat oil in large braising pan/Dutch oven on medium. Add chicken pieces and brown lightly on all sides, about 8-10 minutes total. Transfer to clean platter. Discard all but 1 tablespoon oil from the pan.
4. Add shallots and saute for 1-2 minutes until soft. Add mushrooms and saute for 3-4 minutes.
5. Pour in the wine and deglaze the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits on bottom of pan. Simmer 3-5 minutes to reduce liquids by two-thirds.
6. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoon pan searing flour and add chicken stock, stirring. Allow to thicken.
7. Return chicken to pan and let potatoes join in as well. Bring to a simmer.
8. Cover with lid or foil and place pan on center rack of oven. Braise for 1 hour.
9. Remove pan from oven. Remove chicken from sauce and set aside. Add escarole to pan and simmer 5 minutes on on stove-top.
10. Stir in tarragon, peppers, and capers. Return chicken to pan.
11. Finally add lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
12. Serve the Braised chicken and potatoes with the brothy sauce with crusty bread like Country Style Sourdough.
Use the leftovers to make a hearty soup by adding our Food You Feel Good About Chicken Culinary Stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer slowly to blend flavors.