- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Bean and Cheese Quesadillas Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Pinto beans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Monterrey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Whole wheat tortillas/Spelt tortillas||4 Large|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1799 Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.6%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g148.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 169.5 mg
Sodium 2826.5 mg117.8%
Total Carbohydrates 213 g71%
Dietary Fiber 33 g132.1%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 95 g189.7%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 132.8% Iron 75.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a steamer pot over boiling water, place chicken breast and steam for 8 minutes.
2. In a food processor, place beans and chicken. Blend it to combine.
3. On a tortilla, spread this bean and chicken mixture and cover with shredded cheese. Fold the tortilla.
4. In a saute pan, place the tortilla and cook till the cheese melts.
5. Serve with sauce or soup.