- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe Video
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 , wedged (Wedge in 8 peices)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halves|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, dice|
|Bacon bits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the candied walnuts|
|Walnuts chopped||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the dressing|
|Blue cheese crumbles||1⁄4 Pound|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
Calories 589 Calories from Fat 413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.5%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg15.5%
Sodium 1639.8 mg68.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 30 g59.4%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge serving plate
1. In a bowl combine crumbled blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sugar and minced garlic.
2. Cut the iceberg lettuce into 8 wedges, chop the green onions, cut the cherry tomatoes in halves and dice the cucumber, keep everything separately.
3. In a pan fry the bacon until crisp.
4. In a pan sauté the chopped walnuts along with sugar for 5 minutes.
5. In a large serving plate place the iceberg lettuce in the center, drizzle the dressing on top.
6. In a separate bowl combine green onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, fried bacon and candied walnuts, mix them well.
7. Once done place them all around the sides of the iceberg lettuce.
8. Serve the wedge salad along with blue cheese dressing.