- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wedding Trifle Recipe
|Port wine jelly||170 Gram (2 Packets)|
|Sponge cakes||3 (Oblong 11 X 7 Inches)|
|Sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberry conserve||1 Pound|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned apricot halves||58 Ounce (2 Cans, 1 Pound,13 Ounce Each)|
|Passionfruit pulp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Pint, whipped|
|Strawberries||500 Gram (2 Punnets)|
Calories 2385 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.7%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g91.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250.4 mg
Sodium 1758 mg73.3%
Total Carbohydrates 437 g145.6%
Dietary Fiber 31.8 g127.1%
Sugars 258.9 g
Protein 49 g98.4%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 325.1%
Calcium 82% Iron 60.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Read the instruction on the packet and make some port wine jelly.
2. In case you like, replace the port wine for half the quantity of water in the jelly.
3. Cool the jelly until set completely.
4. Make 3 pints with the custard powder and by following the instructions on packet. Also, use cream instead of the milk to get richer custard.
5. Slice the sponge cakes into squares of 2-inch each.
6. In two large or four smaller bowls, making layers of one layer sponge cake squares topped with a little sherry, sprinkle strawberry conserve and toasted almonds, port wine jelly, custard, cake, sherry, almonds, apricot halves, passion fruit pulp and custard.
7. Use clear plastic food wrap or aluminium foil to cover the bowl.
8. Serve immediately in a serving dish.