- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wedding Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||8 Small, separated|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7716 Calories from Fat 3755
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 429 g659.9%
Saturated Fat 217.7 g1088.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2135.4 mg711.8%
Sodium 1579 mg65.8%
Total Carbohydrates 897 g298.8%
Dietary Fiber 65.4 g261.6%
Sugars 516.5 g
Protein 133 g267%
Vitamin A 227.1% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 158.9% Iron 84.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. Cream the butter or margarine until soft; gradually add the sugar, beating until creamy.
4. Beat the egg yolks thick and light-colored and add to the creamed mixture, beating well. Then add the milk, vanilla, fruits and nuts and beat thoroughly. Gradually add the flour, beating smooth after each addition.
5. Whip the egg whites stiff and fold into the batter. Pour into the tube pan.
6. Bake 2 hours; look at it after the first hour's baking; remove from the oven before the 2 hours are up if the cake is done. Test for doneness with a wire cake tester. Let cake cool thoroughly.
7. Then frost and decorate with Butter Frosting