- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Way Better Mac & Cheese Recipe Video
|Cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Raw)|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), diced|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Large, coarsely chopped, with juices|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, coarsely chopped, with juices|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Red pepper||To Taste, crushed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Pasta||1 Pound (Glutton free)|
|Tortilla chips||250 Gram (Way Better Tortilla chips)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 927 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.5%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 482.2 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.2%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 27 g53.1%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 72.8%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 31.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak cashews for 1-6 hours.
2. Preheat oven at 350F.
3. In a pot, boil some water for the pasta.
4. In the blender, add cashews, onions, bell pepper, nutritional yeast and blend well.
5. Add the pasta into the boiling water in the pot and let it cook for 8-15 minutes.
6. Add the diced garlic, miso, tahini, black pepper, red pepper, lemon juice and paprika and blend all together again.
7. When the pasta is done, drain the water and put the pasta into a casserole dish.
8. Pour the sauce on top and mix it all in.
9. Sprinkle the nutritional yeast, black pepper and crushed tortilla chips and pop it in the oven for it to bake for 20 minutes.
10.This decadent but healthy pasta can be served as a main dish for lunch or dinner.