- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Waterzooi De Poulet Recipe
|Carrots||2 , peeled and diced|
|All purpose potatoes||2 , peeled and diced|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh bay leaf/2 leaves dried||1|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (A Handful)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||4|
|Chicken stock/Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||32 Ounce (4 Pieces, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Baguette||1 , warmed (Use Crusty Variety)|
Calories 951 Calories from Fat 331
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.5%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 286.9 mg
Sodium 1167 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 72 g143.3%
Vitamin A 164.1% Vitamin C 74.1%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare leeks by cleaning, trimming rough tops and pulling outer layer of the greens and bulb away.
2. Trim roots, cut leeks lengthwise end to end, lay halves flat and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
3. Separating leeks wash in colander under cold water to remove all of the grit from between layers.
4. Dry leeks and wipe down cutting board.
5. Heat a deep pot to moderate heat, melt butter ,saute vegetables for 5 minutes in and season with salt and white pepper.
6. Tying together bay, parsley and thyme add to pot with stock, cover and bring to a boil.
7. Adding chicken, cover, reduce heat to medium low, poach the chicken 10 minutes, then remove and slice.
8. In a bowl whisk cream and egg together.
9. Into the cream whisk in a ladle of broth and egg to temper it, add mixture into the waterzooi and stir constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken.
10. To the pot add chicken along with chopped parsley.
11. Adjust seasoning, ladle into warm shallow bowls and serve with crusty baguette for dipping.