- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Watermelon Salsa Recipe Video
|Watermelon||4 Cup (64 tbs), chop|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), mince|
|Sweet onion||3 Cup (48 tbs), mince|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), mince|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), mince (Optional)|
|Jalapeno||1 Small, seeded and minced|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Agave syrup/1.5-2 tablespoon sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.61%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 810.9 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 44.8 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 65.3% Vitamin C 104.1%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large bowl, and put watermelon, cucumber and onion in it.
2. Add mint leaves, jalapeno, and cilantro to the bowl. Mix it well.
3. In another small bowl, combine together lime juice, Agave syrup, and sea salt. Mix to blend.
4. Pour the mix on top of watermelon. Toss them together.
5. Refrigerate the salsa for a couple of hours.
6. Serve watermelon salsa over spinach, topped with grilled steak.
You may use any sweet fresh melon to make the dish.
Sea salt and Agave syrup can be added depending on your taste.
You can serve the salsa immediately, but resting it for a couple for hour in refrigerator will make it taste better.