- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Watermelon Ice Lollies Recipe
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.8 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 68.5 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 99.6% Vitamin C 118.7%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Halve the watermelon and remove the seeds.
2. Mash the flesh to a pulp and strain through a fine mesh sieve to get the juice or directly add to a liquidizer and pulse into a pulp and strain.
3. Into a large pan combine the sugar, 125ml water and vanilla seeds simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
4. Let it cool before placing in the freezer to chill until ice cold.
5. Stir the watermelon juice and lime juice into the iced syrup
6. Pour into 8 ice lolly moulds
7. Freeze overnight.
8. Unmold and enjoy in the summer heat.