- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rum Flavored Watermelon Ice Recipe
|Ripe watermelon||5 Pound (1/4 large one)|
|White rum||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 58.2 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 34.6 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 42.6% Vitamin C 44.4%
Calcium 11% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the watermelon and remove the seeds.
2. Cut the meat into cubes and then puree the meat in a blender.
3. Add rum to the blender and tip this mix into a 13-by-9-inch pan, and freeze until just firm.
4. Soften the ice cream slightly
5. Cut the frozen melon puree into cubes and then whip the mix in the electric mixer.
6. Beat the softened ice cream into the melon mix.
7. Pour this mixture into a ice cube tray and freeze in ice-cube trays or pack in a 7-cup mold or air-tight container.
8. Store in freezer and invert on to a platter just before serving. Cover with a damp warm cloth and shake the mold.
9. Serve chilled