- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Watermelon Ice Recipe
|Watermelon||3 Cup (48 tbs), seeded, small pieces|
|Watermelon||3 Cup (48 tbs), seeded, cut into small pieces|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 147 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.18 g0.28%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.6 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2%
Sugars 32.6 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the container of an electric blender, put the watermelon, about ½ at a time. Beat till the fruit is smooth and liquid. There should be enough to fill 2 cups.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, pour the liquid and add the lemon juice. Stir well.
3) In a small saucepan, mix together the gelatine and sugar. Slowly heat the mixture, constantly stirring, till the gelatine has dissolved. Allow to slightly cool and then add to the watermelon mixture. Stir well.
4) Pour the concoction into a pan of 9x9x2-inches.
5) For about 1 ½ hours, or till it is firm around the edges, freeze the mixture.
6) Spoon the mixture into a large bowl and beat it till it is smooth.
7) Put the mixture back in the pan and freeze for several hours, till it is completely firm.
8) Serve as preferred.