- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Watercress and Potato Soup Recipe
|Potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and chopped|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.66 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 82.2 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 68%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop tomatoes and watercress just before serving.
2. In a large pot, boil potatoes and onions in 2 pints of water for 30-40 minutes until very soft.
3. Using a sieve, pass the soup through it.
4. Reheat the soup with milk; season to taste.
5. Ladle soup in bowls and garnish with chopped watercress and tomatoes.