- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Watercress Soup Recipe
|Potatoes||2 , diced|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Vegetable stock||900 Milliliter|
|Watercress||7 Ounce, de-stalked and chopped (2 bunches, reserve few sprigs for garnish)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Natural yogurt||125 Milliliter (1 small carton)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 866 Calories from Fat 398
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.8%
Saturated Fat 28.5 g142.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.8 mg
Sodium 2255.9 mg94%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.1%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 19 g38.7%
Vitamin A 154.4% Vitamin C 294.5%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, soften the onion, potatoes and garlic in butter.
2) Add the stock and bring the contents to a boil.
3) Add the watercress and bring to a boil once again.
4) Reduce the heat and gently simmer for about 20 minutes.
5) Add seasoning to taste.
6) Take the soup off the heat and allow it to cool. Liquidize the soup.
7) Reheat the soup, ladle into individual soup bowls and serve piping hot. Garnish with sprigs of watercress and a swirl of natural yogurt. Makes an excellent starter.