- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asian Watercress Soup Recipe
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef broth/6 cup water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm), chopped|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, cut in juliennes|
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.4 mg
Sodium 2055.3 mg85.6%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 24.7%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the pork into 1/4-inch cubes.
2) Pour the soy sauce over the pork pieces and let it stand for 10 minutes.
3) In a saucepan, bring the broth or water to boil and add the pork pieces along with soy sauce.
4) Cook for 10 minutes, over medium heat.
5) Add the watercress and cook for 5 minutes more.
6) Use the perforated ladle and pour the eggs through it rapidly.
7) Cook until the eggs set.
8) Serve hot, garnished with juliennes of scallions.