- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Original Watercress Soup Recipe
|Baking potato||250 Gram, peeled|
|Chicken stock||750 Milliliter|
|Pepper white||To Taste|
|Hot pepper sauce||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||125 Milliliter|
Calories 169 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.4 mg
Sodium 291.4 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 27.3% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a food processor with metal blade, chop scallions.
2) While machine is running, add potatoes and in slow stream add 1/3 cup of chicken stock. Process until potatoes are pureed.
3) Wash the watercreass and remove, dscard the stems and rinse the leaves.
4) Keep it for drying or pat dry with kitcehn towel.
5) In a heavy-gauge aluminium saucepan, transfer the potato puree with slotted spoon, add remaining chicken stock and milk to the pan and cover it.
6) Simmer the puree for 15 minutes.
7) Again in processor, process the watercreass with hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper until minced, scraping down from the sides of the container with rubber spatula.
8) In the potato puree, add half of cream in slow stream.
9) Add half of puree to watercress mixture, process in blander for 1 minute.
10) Tranfser watercress mixture to an empty bowl and pour the remaining puree to the processor and process for 30 seconds.
11) Add the processed puree in rhe watercress bowl and stir to mix well.
12) Wipe the saucepan with kitchen towel and transfer the whole watercress soup to it.
13) Let the soup covered and simmer until served.
14) Serve the hot soup with drizzle of remaining cream on the top.