- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Watercress Frappe Recipe
|Canned condensed cream of potato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Watercress||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Bunch)|
|Radishes||4 (For Garnish)|
Calories 61 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.05%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.7 mg
Sodium 589.1 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 0.45%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the garnish, trim root end and leafy top of radishes.
2. Hold radish, root end up, in one hand and with a sharp tipped paring knife, make deep cuts lengthwise, then turn radish and cut again at right angles to first cuts.
3. Place radish flower in a bowl of ice and water about 2 hours until "petals" open slightly.
4. Wash watercress thoroughly and pat dry on paper towels.
5. Remove coarse stems before chopping stems and leaves.
6. Prepare soup mix, following label directions and cool slightly.
7. Stir chopped watercress into soup.
8. Pour into a liquidizer jar, cover and blend into a smooth puree.
9. Empty into a bowl, cover and freeze until lightly iced.
10. Pour into parfait glasses
11. Garnish each with a radish flower and parsley, if you wish.