- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Watercress And Tomato Soup Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Watercress sprig||4 (For Garnish)|
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.8 mg
Sodium 227.3 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 57.7% Vitamin C 67.3%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel the onion and chop.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the bacon and onion and cook gently, stirring occasionally until soft but not browned.
4. Meanwhile, skin the tomatoes by blanching for a few seconds in boiling water.
5. Remove the stalks from the watercress.
6. Stir the flour into the bacon and onion then gradually add the stock, tomato purde, tomatoes and watercress.
7. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Sieve or liquidise the soup and stir in the milk.
9. Reheat gently, taste and season, then serve garnished with sprigs of watercress.