- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Water Cress With Saffron Topper Recipe
|Saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water cress||4 Cup (64 tbs), with stems cut short (2 Bunches)|
|Thinly sliced celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 721 Calories from Fat 648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g111.9%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g102.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.8 mg
Sodium 662.3 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 119.4% Vitamin C 106.8%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a cup, heat the vineger, add the saffron and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
2) Stir into the mayonnaise and allow the mixture to stand for minimum 2 hours at room temperature.
3) Soften and blend 1/2 the cream cheese with the mayonnaise mixture, for a creamy dressing.
4) Slice rest of the cream cheese into 1/4-inch cubes.
5) In a bowl, mix the celery, watercress and cream cheese cubes together.
6) Pour over the prepared dressing, sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste and toss gently to coat.
7) Serve immediately.