- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Washington Chowder Recipe
|Boiling salted water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned cream style corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg
Sodium 326.3 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the potatoes and onion and slice and set aside
2. In a large pot, pour in water and heat till boiling. Add salt to the water and then tip in the potatoes and onions to cook till tender.
3. Add tomatoes, corn and pepper.
4. Heat milk until just below boiling and pour in the cooked vegetables just before serving.
5. Serve with crackers, fresh cream and freshly buttered popped corn.