- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Washington Pork Chops Recipe
|Pork chops||2 Pound, cut 1 inch thick (4 Pieces)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple||1 Large, quartered, cored and chopped|
|Packaged stuffing mix||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (1.5 Cups, From An 8- Ounce Package)|
|Crab apple jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen broccoli spears||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 605 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.7%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 172.6 mg
Sodium 591 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 52 g103.1%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 69.5%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the center, thick meaty portion of each chop, make a deep cut with a knife to serve as a pocket for stuffing.
2. In a microwaveable bowl, combine orange juice, chopped apple and butter or margarine.
3. Heat to boiling in the microwave, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Add packaged stuffing mix to the bowl and stir to mix well.
5. Spoon equal amounts of this stuffing into the pockets of the chops.
6. Arrange the chops in a large shallow microwave-safe casserole, with meatier portions to the corners of dish.
7. In a small bowl combine jelly, wine, salt and cinnamon and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until jelly melts, stirring after 30 seconds, .
8. Brush chops with the glaze.
9. Cover casserole with wax paper.
10. Microwave at MEDIUM power for 15 minutes
11. Give casserole a half-turn and arrange broccoli around chops.
12. Brush chops with remaining glaze.
13. Microwave another 20 minutes, or until chops are tender.
14. Let stand for 5 minutes.
15. Serve the chops hot along with a salad or potato mash.