- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wasabi Edamame Fish Tostadas with Cream Cheese Recipe Video
|Red cabbage||1 Pound, cored and thinly sliced|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unseasoned rice vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Frozen shelled edamame||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), coarsely chopped|
|Philadelphia cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Wasabi paste||1 Teaspoon|
|For tilapia filets|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon, divided (for sauteeing)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (for garnish)|
|Tostada||6 Medium, shells (store brought)|
|Lime wedges||1 (for sqeezing)|
Calories 694 Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.5%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.8 mg
Sodium 675.7 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 31 g61.8%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 78%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place sliced red cabbage in a colander and sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss and massage lightly to distribute salt evenly. Let stand for 20 minutes. This will season the cabbage, as well as make it slightly softer and even sweeter.
2. Make the dressing by whisking the rice vinegar, olive oil and honey together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Recipe Follows
FOR EDAMAME PUREE
1. Place edamame and chicken stock in a small pot and when it comes to a boil, cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
2. In a food processor, add the coarsely chopped garlic and edamame, along with all of the broth. Pulse until nicely pureed, and then add softened cream cheese and wasabi paste.
3. Puree again for about 1 minute or until the mixture is smooth and slightly thickened, like hummus.Pour in a bowl and set aside.
4. Recipe Follows
FOR TILAPIA FILETS
1. Season both sides of the tilapia filets lightly with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, add a little olive oil and place over high heat. Add the tilapia, but work in batches, as to not overcrowd the pan. Sauté for 3 minutes on the first side, then 2 minutes on the second side.
3. Remove to a plate or tray and keep warm with aluminum foil until all the batches are done.
4. Arrange the tostadas on individual plates and place some edamame puree on top of each one. Top with tilapia filets and toss the softened cabbage with the dressing and place a nice mound on top of each of the filets.
5. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges. To eat, squeeze fresh lime juice on top and break the tostada apart with a fork. Eat everything with a fork, or use your fingers and enjoy as fancy nachos!