- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Tuna and Ginger Salad Recipe
|Tuna||12 Ounce, frozen|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Mandarin orange||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chinese cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Bok choy||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, halved|
|Ginger root||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Salad Oil -1 Tablespoon)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon (Salad Oil -1 Tablespoon)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon, toasted (Salad Oil -1 Tablespoon)|
|Sesame seed||2 Teaspoon, toasted (Salad Oil -1 Tablespoon)|
Calories 241 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 216.1 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 126.1% Vitamin C 119%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the fish thaw if frozen
2. Drain the mandarin orange sections.
3. In a bowl combine the 1 teaspoon lemon juice and soy sauce.
4. Brush on both sides of the tuna or halibut steaks with the mixture.
5. On greased unheated rack of a broiler pan place the fish steaks and broil 4 inches from the heat for 12 to 16 minutes or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork, turning once.
6. Then cut bite-size pieces out of the fish.
7. In a large bowl combine the mandarin oranges, Chinese cabbage, bok choy, and bean sprouts and set aside.
8. Halve the onions and cook along with gingerroot and garlic in hot oil in a medium skillet until the halves are tender but not brown, stirring constantly.
9. Remove from heat and stir to heat through into the onion mixture in the skillet along with 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the dry sherry, sesame oil and 2 tablespoons water.
10. To the cabbage mixture add fish pieces and onion mixture and toss lightly to mix.
11. Sprinkle with sesame seed and serve warm.