- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip: Vegan Style Recipe Video
|Silken tofu||14 Ounce|
|Nutritional yeast||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Artichoke heart||1 Can (10 oz) (Canned)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, roughly chop|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1016.8 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 119.7% Vitamin C 60.5%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil on a medium high heat and saute the onions until they are soft.
3. Once the onions are soft, add the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook that for a few minutes.
4. Reduce the heat on medium low and pop in the spinach. Stir gently and let it cook for a few minutes.
5. In a food processor, add the tofu, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon juice, dried basil, salt and pepper and pulse it down until it forms a smooth consistency.
6. Add the spinach and onion mixture along with the canned artichoke into the food processor and pulse it down .
7. Now place this spinach tofu mixture in a baking dish and let it cook for 30 minutes.
8. Let the dip cool for 15 minutes before you serve with tortilla chips or bread.