- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Potato Salad With Salmon Recipe
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Anchovy paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumbers||2 Large, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut crosswise into thin slices|
|Minced parsley leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Waxy potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound, unpeeled (About 20 Small)|
|Center cut salmon steaks||1 Pound|
|Capers||3 Tablespoon, drained, rinsed|
|Boston lettuce leaves||2 (For Lining The Platter)|
|Diced sweet pickle||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.2 mg20.1%
Sodium 573.4 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 31 g62.6%
Vitamin A 28.8% Vitamin C 131.7%
Calcium 17% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Alternating the olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar, slowly add these ingredients to the bowl, beating them in with a whisk.
3. Place the cucumbers in a large bowl and pour in the vinaigrette. Add the parsley and toss the ingredients well. Let the mixture marinate while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
4. Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 20 minutes; do not overcook. Remove the potatoes from the pan and allow them to cool slightly while you prepare the salmon.
5. Bring 2 cups of water to a full boil in a heavy skillet. Add the salmon steaks, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily when pierced with a fork, about 8 minutes. Transfer the fish to a cutting board. Remove and discard the skin and bones. Flake the salmon into 1-inch pieces and add to the bowl of marinated cucumbers; toss gently.
6. Peel the potatoes; cut them into slices 1/4 inch thick and then into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Add the potatoes to the salmon and cucumbers as you cut them. Toss the salad gently to coat the potatoes with the dressing, using two large spoons.
7. Add the capers and carefully toss the salad to distribute them. Taste the salad for seasoning and add more salt if desired.
8. Line a serving platter or individual plates with the lettuce leaves and arrange the salad on top. Sprinkle with the diced pickle and serve warm.