- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Mediterranean Salad Recipe Video
|Grilled asparagus||12 , cut into 3 inch pieces|
|Roasted red pepper||2 , cut into 1/4 inch squares|
|Artichoke hearts||6 , cut into halves|
|Cherry tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into halves|
|Goat cheese||8 Tablespoon, cut into 4 pieces|
|Panko bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Barley||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked overnight, drained|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (for garnishing)|
|Jarred kalamata olives||8 , cut into halves|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
Calories 560 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.5 mg10.5%
Sodium 758.3 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.3%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A 76% Vitamin C 94.3%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a non stick pan on medium heat, add olive oil(2 tablespoons). Add barley, toss and toast for 3 to 4 minutes, transfer to a bowl.
2. In the same non stick pan, olive oil(1 tablespoon), coat the goat cheese pieces with bread crumbs and place in non stick pan, toast each side for 2 minutes.
3. In the bowl with the barley, add the asparagus, red pepper , artichoke hearts and tomato.
4. Add balsamic vinegar to the bowl, along with olive oil(2 tablespoon),season with salt and pepper and toss to mix all ingredients well.
5. In plate, add some of the salad, top with the olives and place the toasted goat cheese on top and garnish with parsley. Serve warm with grilled chicken or fish.