- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Lobster Taco With Yellow Tomato Salsa Recipe
|Yellow cherry tomatoes/1 pound yellow tomatoes, finely chopped||2 Pint, finely chopped|
|Shallot||1 Large, very finely minced|
|Garlic||1 Large, very finely minced|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely minced|
|Champagne vinegar/White-wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Serrano chilies||1 , seeded and minced|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon (If Tomatoes Are Not Sweet Enough)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Lobsters||4 Pound (Four 1 Pound Each Pieces)|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.7%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 305.6 mg
Sodium 1417.2 mg59%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 68 g136.6%
Vitamin A 44.9% Vitamin C 49.9%
Calcium 43.4% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a blow, place together tomatoes and their juices with shallot, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, chills, lime juice, and salt, and mix well.
2) Stir in maple syrup, if using, in the tomato mixture.
3) Put the lid and refrigerate yellow tomato salsa at least 2 hours but no more than 8.
4) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
5) Using 2 knives, cut in shortening until coarse grainy texture.
6) Stir in enough warm water to make soft dough.
7) Lightly dust a clean board with flour.
8) Using hands mix the flour mixture well and knead on surface 3 to 5 minutes or until shiny and elastic.
9) Using a bowl to cover dough and let rest 30 minutes, out of draft.
10) Shape the dough into 2-to 2 1/2-inch-diameter balls.
11) Roll each ball into 7-inch circles, 1/4 inch-thick.
12) On a hot griddle or skillet, cook each dough circle until edges are lightly browned.
13) Flip the dough circle and cook 1 minute on other side until edges are brown.
14) In a foil, tightly wrap cooled tortillas and refrigerate until needed.
15) Preheat oven to 300Â°.
16) In a large stockpot, heat lightly salted water and bring to boil.
17) Put in lobsters and cook 8 minutes until just done.
18) Pour of the cooking liquid and let lobsters cool slightly.
19) In oven, place the tortillas for 15 minutes until heated through.
20) Take the meat off from the lobster tails, being careful not to tear meat.
21) Cut meat into thin medallions.
22) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sauté lobster until just heated through.
23) Put equal portions of warm lobster into center of each warm tortilla.
24) Dredge with equal portions of cheese and spinach.
25) Roll the tortillas into a cylinder shape and place each on a warm serving plate, seam side down.
26) Serve Warm Lobster Taco hot with Yellow Tomato Salsa.