- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Lentil Salad Recipe
|Green lentils||12 Ounce, soaked in water for 3-4 hours (375 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Leek||1 , thinly sliced|
|Celery||4 Ounce, chopped (125 Gram)|
|Smoked streaky bacon||7 Ounce, diced (200 Gram)|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|For the vinaigrette|
|Walnut oil||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Sherry vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3768 Calories from Fat 2227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 253 g389.7%
Saturated Fat 29.9 g149.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.7 mg
Sodium 1715.9 mg71.5%
Total Carbohydrates 277 g92.2%
Dietary Fiber 116.2 g464.9%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 117 g233.5%
Vitamin A 495.3% Vitamin C 116.8%
Calcium 46.7% Iron 177.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pan, place the lentils, peeled carrots, clove studded onion, thyme, bay leaf and garlic in water.
2) Allow to boil, then simmer for 30-35 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, garlic and vegetables, drain the lentils well.
3) In a pan with slightly salted boiling water, place the thinly sliced carrots along with the celery and leeks for a few minutes, drain well.
4) Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together and keep aside.
5) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp. Remove and stir into the lentils along with the vegetables.
6) Mix well, drizzle the mixture with the vinaigrette and toss well.
7) Garnish with the snipped chives and serve warm.