- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
|Olive oil/Canola oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Herbs||2 Tablespoon, chopped (Such As Parsley Or Chives)|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Goat cheese||8 Ounce|
|Green leaf lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs), torn|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.5%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.7 mg
Sodium 183.5 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 50.7% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Take a large size bowl and prepare a mixture of oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs, pepper, and hot red pepper sauce.
3. Slice the cheese into 12 pieces. Add the marinade mixture and toss properly to coat. Cover the bowl and let it marinate for about an hour.
4. Slice baguette in twelve slices of 3/4-inch and put in the broiler rack. Brown on one side for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Drain the cheese and reserving the marinade. Turn the toast over and place a slice of cheese on top of each. Broil again for additional 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Place the toasts on lettuce leaves and add the remaining marinade on the top.
7. Serve in a serving dish.