- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Warm Goat Cheese Salad Recipe Video
|Goat cheese||4 Ounce, cut into 8 rounds|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Canola oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Mesclun salad mix||8 Cup (128 tbs) (divided)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 678 Calories from Fat 442
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g77.7%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 82.9 mg27.6%
Sodium 548.2 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.6%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 27 g53.1%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 30.9% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Whisk the egg and water together in small dish.
2. Place the almonds on a plate.
3. Gently coat each goat cheese round in flour, then into the egg mixture, finally roll them in the almonds, pressing gently to get coated.
4. In a medium sauté pan, heat 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of canola oil over medium heat.
5. Place the cheese rounds in the saute pan and fry until almonds are nicely browned on both sides. Be careful not to burn the nuts.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 3 Tbsp (45 mL) of canola oil with vinegar, mustard and honey.
8. Divide mesclun leaves among 4 salad plates.
9. Top each serving of leaves with 2 rounds of warm, baked goat cheese.
10. Drizzle dressing over the salad and goat cheese rounds. Serve immediately.