- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Ginger Beef Salad Recipe
|Boneless sirloin steak||1 Pound, trimmed|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , cut in strips|
|Green onions||4 , sliced diagonally|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Crystallized ginger||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lettuce cups||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.5 mg
Sodium 190.5 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 18 g36.1%
Vitamin A 81.8% Vitamin C 88.8%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the meat slice it into strips about 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick.
2. In a microwave oven heat browning skillet at High for 6 minutes or as per manufacturer's directions and without removing it add 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) of the oil.
3. Then quickly add beef, stir well and microwave uncovered at High for 2 to 3 minutes until beef is no longer pink, stirring every 30 seconds.
4. Using slotted spoon, remove meat and set aside and drain off juices, reserving 2 tablespoon (25 milliliter).
5. To the skillet add remaining oil along with mushrooms, peas, vinegar, gingerroot, soy sauce, red pepper, onions and garlic and stir in reserved juices.
6. With cover microwave at High for 5 to 8 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring twice.
7. Return beef to skillet along with ginger (if using) and let it stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
8. Arrange on bed of lettuce and serve.