- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Egg And Rice Salad Recipe
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Canned low-sodium broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crisp salad greens/Belgian endive||8 Cup (128 tbs), torn (Such As Romaine, Radicchio)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Minced red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cured ham||1⁄2 Pound, sliced (1/4 Inch Thick And Cut Into 1/4-Inch Strips)|
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||3 Medium, very thinly sliced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Fontina cheese||4 Ounce, cut into 1/2-inch dice|
|Black olives||3 (For Garnish)|
Calories 607 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.5%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 248.3 mg
Sodium 1048.3 mg43.7%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 34 g67.1%
Vitamin A 46.2% Vitamin C 60.2%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, place the greens in a medium bowl. Pour the vinegar into a small bowl and gradually whisk in the olive oil until incorporated. Pour the dressing over the greens and toss to coat. Arrange the greens on a platter and sprinkle the red bell pepper on top.
3. Heat a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Add the ham and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer the ham to a plate and cover to keep warm.
4. Add the safflower oil to the skillet and heat over moderately high heat. Add the scallions and cook, stirring constantly, until softened, about 2 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk into the eggs until well blended. Season with the salt and black pepper and stir in the cooked rice. Transfer the mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring with a fork, until the mixture is soft and still somewhat wet, about 2 minutes. Add the cheese and cook, stirring, until the eggs are just set, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
6. Spoon the egg and rice mixture over the greens. Garnish with the reserved ham strips and black olives and serve hot.