- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Chinese Noodles with Sesame Oil Recipe
|Chinese egg noodles||1 Pound (Fresh / Dried, 1/16 Inch Thin)|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1942 Calories from Fat 409
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.6%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423.3 mg
Sodium 3809.7 mg158.7%
Total Carbohydrates 319 g106.5%
Dietary Fiber 16 g63.9%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 56 g111.6%
Vitamin A 31.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 16% Iron 121.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a kettle or a stockpot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of unsalted water.
2) If fresh noodles are being used, fluff them and add to the pot.
3) With 2 long-handled wooden spoons or chopsticks, swish the noodles around very gently several strands to separate the strands. Cook till the strands are cooked when tasted but still firm enough to bite.
4) At once drain in a metal colander.
5) Put the drained noodles back in the pot and combine together with the salt and sesame oil. Toss well to coat every strand.
6) Turn the noodles onto a heated serving platter and garnish with fresh coriander or Italian parsley sprigs, if preferred.
7) Serve hot.