- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Cherry, Orange, And Cranberry Compote With Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
|Canned pitted cherries||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sweetened cranberry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), dried|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
|Ginger snaps/Vanilla wafers / cinnamon sugar cookies||250 Gram (For Garnish)|
|Orange||1 , zested and juiced|
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 210.2 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 47.8 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a microwave-safe bowl, add cherries and their juice, orange zest and juice and the dried, sweetened cranberries. Mix well.
2) Using a plastic wrap, loosely cover the dish and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
3) Using a plastic ladle, stir the fruit, and microwave for 1 minute longer.
4) Allow the fruits to stand for 5 minutes.
5) On tall cocktail glasses, add scoops of vanilla ice cream.
6) Spoon the sauce over ice cream.
7) Decorate with ginger snaps, vanilla wafers or cinnamon sugar cookies.