- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Caesar Salad Recipe
|Romaine lettuce head||2 Medium|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bread loaf||8 Ounce, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (Italian / Viennese)|
|Hard cooked eggs||2|
|Anchovy paste||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed through a press|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 325
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.7%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.1 mg
Sodium 437.4 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 227.4% Vitamin C 46.1%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a medium skillet, melt the butter in 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderate heat. When the foam subsides, add the bread cubes and toss to coat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and saute the bread cubes, stirring often, until crisp and golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, coarsely chop the eggs; then force them through a sieve into a small bowl. Put the prepared romaine in a large salad bowl.
4. In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and vinegar. Whisk to blend well. Whisk in the remaining olive oil. Set the pan over moderate heat and bring just to a boil.
5. Remove from the heat and immediately pour the hot dressing over the lettuce; toss well. Add the Parmesan to the bowl and toss again.
6. Divide the salad among 6 plates. Sprinkle the croutons on top and spoon a small mound of sieved egg into the center of each salad. Season generously with pepper and serve at once.