- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Broccoli Potato Salad Recipe
|Potatoes||6 Medium (1 Inch Cubes)|
|New potatoes||6 Medium, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Basil||2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Dried whole basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||2 , sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1223 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 568 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 221 g73.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.6 g98.6%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 283.7% Vitamin C 1018.5%
Calcium 37.8% Iron 78.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, add water to fill 1-inch. Add in potatoes to the boiling water and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
2) Drain the potatoes and cover with a damp, warm towel.
3) In a saucepan, cook the broccoli florets in boiling water for about 1 minute. Immediately drain and tranfer into a bowl of ice cold water. Drain.
4) In a large bowl, add the cooked potatoes and blanched broccoli. Keep .
5) In a small saucepan, heat oil, juice, vinegar, basil and garlic. Let the mixture come to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the flame. Stir in hot pepper sauce.
6) Immediately pour the sauce over the potato-broccoli mixture. Stir in chopped parsley, onions and salt.
7) Toss well to blend the flavors.
8) Serve the Warm Broccoli Potato Salad warm.