- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Culinary Carrie: Warm Brie en Croute Recipe Video
|Brie cheese||10 Ounce|
|Puff pastry sheet||1 Medium|
|Fig jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||1 Medium, beaten|
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.3 mg26.1%
Sodium 307.4 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 11 g21.5%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.1% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needcookie sheet
1. Place brie in freezer for one hour, so that is nice and chilled.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. On a floured baking sheet, place the puff pastry sheet; spread the jam in the center.
5. Place the brie in the center over the jam, be careful to remove the wrapper but keep the white rind intact.
6. Trim the edges on the pastry with a sharp knife, do not discard it, save the pieces.
7. Wrap the puff pastry bring all the open ends inward together, closing the puff pastry.
8. Once done flip the brie over so the tucked edges are on the bottom.
9. Brush the top with egg wash which is 1 beaten egg and 1 tablespoon of water.
10. Make leaf shape with the leftover pieces of dough and decorate the brie, do not brush egg wash over the leaves.
11. Bake for 10 minutes in a preheat oven or until golden brown.
12. Serve with tasty crackers or bread.