- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Culinary Carrie: Warm Brie en Croute Recipe Video
|Brie cheese||10 Ounce|
|Puff pastry sheet||1 Medium|
|Fig jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||1 Medium, beaten|
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.1%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.3 mg
Sodium 506.1 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 14 g27.4%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.1% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needcookie sheet
1. Place brie in freezer for one hour, so that is nice and chilled.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. On a floured baking sheet, place the puff pastry sheet; spread the jam in the center.
5. Place the brie in the center over the jam, be careful to remove the wrapper but keep the white rind intact.
6. Trim the edges on the pastry with a sharp knife, do not discard it, save the pieces.
7. Wrap the puff pastry bring all the open ends inward together, closing the puff pastry.
8. Once done flip the brie over so the tucked edges are on the bottom.
9. Brush the top with egg wash which is 1 beaten egg and 1 tablespoon of water.
10. Make leaf shape with the leftover pieces of dough and decorate the brie, do not brush egg wash over the leaves.
11. Bake for 10 minutes in a preheat oven or until golden brown.
12. Serve with tasty crackers or bread.