- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Warm Apple Pie Recipe
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|9 inch pie pastry||1|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.5 mg
Sodium 60.7 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 43.1 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 14.4%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pare the apples and slice thinly.
2. In a medium bowl, toss apple slices with sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. Divide pastry into half and roll out one half into a 12 inch circle.
4. Use it to line a 9-inch microwave proof pie dish.
Arrange flour dusted apple slices in pie crust.
5. Spoon lemon juice over apples.
Place small beads of butter evenly over apples..
6. Roll out other half of pastry to make top crust to cover pie.
7. Seal edges, pinching or crimping
8. Make 2 small slits in top of pie to allow steam to escape.
9. Cook in microwave for about 16 minutes, or until apples are soft and pastry is dry.
10. Just before serving, transfer the pie to a preheated conventional oven and bake at 450°F for about 12 minutes until crust is golden brown.
11. Cut into wedges and serve the pie warm.