- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut Apricot Bars Recipe
|Dried apricots||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), sifted|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Confectioner' s sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg
Sodium 70.6 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 34.5 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 8 inch square pan.
3. Rinse apricots; cover with water and boil 10 minutes.
4. Drain, cool and chop.
5. Sift together sugar and 1 cup of the flour.
6. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
7. Pack into the bottom of the pan.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
9. Beat eggs until light.
10. Gradually beat in brown sugar and continue beating until
11. Sift remaining 1/3 cup flour with baking powder and salt
12. Stir into egg mixture.
13. Fold in vanilla, nuts and apricots.
14. Spread over baked layer.
15. Bake for about 30 minutes longer.
17. Cut into bars and roll in confectioners' sugar and serve.