- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut Ribbon Loaf Recipe
|Shelled walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed candied fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark rum||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1243 Calories from Fat 487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.3%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 265.4 mg
Sodium 442.2 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g55.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 113.5 g
Protein 20 g39.2%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
2) Finely chop or grind the walnuts and combine with the egg white and the 1/4 cup sugar.
3) Evenly spread the mixture into a 9 inch rectangular shape and keep aside.
4) Apply butter into a 9 inch loaf pan and sprinkle chopped walnuts on the inner surface of the pan.
5) Cream the butter and 1 cup sugar together.
6) Gradually beat in the egg yolk and whole eggs, then the orange rind.
7) Combine the flour, salt and baking powder, then stir into the butter mixture and blend well.
8) Lastly stir in the candied fruit and spread half of this batter into the prepared loaf pan.
9) Gently invert the walnut paste sheet over the batter in the pan, remove the paper and cover with rest of the batter.
10) Bake in the preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 hours.
11) Allow to stand in the pan for 10 minutes, turn out on wire rack to cool.
12) Apply rum and wrap in a waxed paper and foil, then keep aside for 24 hours.
13) Slice and serve in a nice plate.